Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Ford PCM used Module install
Ford PCM used Module install

2139 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-02-22 04:35:41

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-02-22 03:22:27
     So I have a 2010 Ford Fusion and the PCM has fried. If I get used PCM from the junkyard with same part numbers do I just need to use the "programmable module installation" function? I have the MP808 tool. Also have the IM508 for keys. I was just hoping I could do a PCM swap without the need for the JBox. All I need to do is just rewrite the VIN to the used module? I'm not really trying to program anything. Then possibly reprogram the keys. I have done lost of keys but never a PCM swap yet.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-02-22 04:03:36 (Reply to:)

The programmable module installation option is only a possibility on any tool that offers it if the original PCM is still capable of communication since it needs to pull some fields of information out of the old module before installing replacement.. I thought the diagnostic and service functions of an MP808 are identical to those of an IM508, Just being Level 1 tools offering no active tests. I thought virtually  the same as an IM508 since the IM508 is based on chassis of either the MP808 or the MK808, I forgot which , but aside from the Immobilizer and Programmer, and a few hot functions the IM508 has, the service functions and diagnostics of the MP808 likely mirror the IM508 as a basic level one tool. 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-02-22 04:09:02 (Reply to:witsend)
     ok that's good. It functions and I am able to read the module. It has a cylinder 1 misfire and I have continuity all the way up to the ECM plug. So I should be able to do this. Also the same thing with an 07 Jeep Liberty determined PCM fault. This one does not have the "programs or module installation" function. Just a read/write vin function. Is that all that is needed for the Jeep module to work properly?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-02-22 04:35:41 (Reply to:)

I'm not sure because I have a Maxi Sys Elite that i use for a module swap and only used my IM508 for Immobilizer work aside from quick auto prescan and code clear before programming a key. You can check capability in function viewer App, or check coverage here.

https://www.auteltech.com/vehicle-coverage/coverage2

Total1 Pages